As a former traditional property investor myself, I’m speaking very candidly when I openly declare my love for Property Bonds. They offer hope and a future for those unimpressed with the world of “tenants and toilets”, not to mention the continuing UK government assault on the livelihood of landlords.
Choosing a property bond to invest in is rather like dating.
Some bonds are glamorous; some are plain; some are downright unattractive. Some have beauty that’s just skin deep. The secret is getting to know them and seeing the beauty within (or otherwise!).
Here are just five of the reasons why my love is so profound (and why buy-to-let is i’m afraid fast becoming the ugly sister of the property world):
- Bonds will let you invest into proven property developers. Leveraging their skill and experience,
- Well-structured Bonds offer you built-in security so that even in the worst case scenario, your initial investment is as safe as it can possibly be.
- There’s a fixed net income of between 6% and 11% each year depending on which bond you choose.
- Capital is returned to you at a predetermined time. The term of the bond can range from just 12 months to 5 years and the choice is yours.
- No more tenants, lettings agents to pay, landlord regulations to upkeep, insurance premiums, repairs, voids, refits, stamp duty, legal fees, deposits, tenant reference checks or landlord tax hikes.
But would you declare your commitment to a Property Bond until you knew it very, very well? The head decision has to follow (and sometimes override) the heart.
A match made in heaven?
Our role here as Investment Engineers is to detect and filter away the property bonds out there with character flaws, then from those that remain, present those that might be the better fit for our investors needs. Finally we assist with any research the investor needs to do to help them make their own truly informed decision. Our market knowledge, experience and frankly annoying attention to detail (as some bond providers would say) really is our strength.
Bonds, like long-term relationships, are not for everyone. But to help you understand whether they can work for you, we’ve produced a simple but thorough introduction to the wonderful world of Property Bonds, including ways to spot a beauty from a beast…
Download your copy today: